Week Four - Monster Island




Monster Island - David Wellington


September 18, 2017






      Monster Island was definitely a book that I found interesting. I'm a huge fan of almost anything zombie, so having the opportunity to read a zombie book for class was cool. David's version of a zombie book is definitely different than what I'm used to, but I still found it interesting because of how different it was. One of the main characters you will come across, Gary, turns into a zombie. He was smart enough to try something that no one else did, trying to keep a functioning brain. Gary connects himself to a ventilation system, while submerging himself in ice cold water to keep himself "alive". That part almost reminded me of a movie called "Warm Bodies". Not a movie I'm a huge fan of, because it's a little too innocent of a zombie story in my opinion. Zombies are able to come back to their sanity with love and communication. Unless they are far gone, then they are just brainless killers that don't look human anymore. Basically in the end, most of the zombies become fully living human beings again. Anyways, overall I enjoyed Monster Island. I didn't quite get all the way through because of lack of time, but I plan on completing it in my free time.


     






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BloodChild

Week 6 - The Hobbit

Week Two - Interview With The Vampire