Week Two - Interview With The Vampire




Interview with the Vampire - Anne Rice

August 28, 2017



        Interview with a Vampire was the type of fictional story that almost immediately caught my attention for it’s unique way of speaking to the readers. You get to in vision the mind of the vampire while listening to his story rather than a narrator explaining his words for him. I don't normally read or watch many vampire things, but I actually did find this a bit interesting. The relationship that Lestat and Louis had was also interesting to say the least. Lestat sees Louis one night and chooses him to basically become one of him. He tries to get Louis to experience killing, but Louis feels guilt by it. Louis eventually meets a young girl named Claudia who he decides to feed on. Lestat decides to claim her as their child and turns her into a vampire as well. I'm not exactly sure what it's like in other vampire stories, but seeing the way that they turn was different for me. Usually when I imagine a vampire turning a human into another vampire, I picture the simple bite and "bam". Lestat had to make both Louis and Claudia drink his blood in order for them to become immortal. I didn't quite get to the end of this story, but I did see the movie to compare what I have read. For starters, Claudia is definitely the same, yet different. She's about 6 I believe in the book, and about 12 in the movie. It was interesting to see how they portrayed her differently, but still kept her "Lestat like actions". I plan on finishing this story in the future, since I do like the concept of reading it through the mind of the person talking, rather than the narrator explaining it to you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BloodChild

Week 6 - The Hobbit