Week 10 - Fahrenheit 451




Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury

October 30, 2017



            This week I decided to read and watch Fahrenheit 451. It's actually not the first time I've gotten into the story of Fahrenheit 451. Back in high school and middle school we were asked to read the story, and eventually watched the film. Reading and watching it again really makes you realize what you didn't understand, or even just missed back then. One thing that did stand out when I read the book again, I noticed the character Clarisse is actually a teenager in the book, while in the movie she's a grown adult who becomes very close to Guy Montag. Also in the movie, she's played by the same woman who plays Guy's wife, which I never noticed until now. Anyways, I always found this story to be really interesting. A world where books are illegal and they burn them. I never quite understood it either. How did people educate themselves? Not exactly on reading of course, but to learn how to speak or be grammatically correct, even ordering meals. Then again, I guess it's explained since they do have televisions and futuristic like technology. What a crazy world that would be! I would absolutely hate it. Not that I'm the type to read a book every day, but even being on the internet, or learning how to do basic things requires reading. A world without it would be an insane one. Reading is like an escape from reality, and that's one of the reasons I enjoy books. You can experience a world different than the one you're currently living in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6 - The Hobbit

BloodChild

Week 12 - The Haunted Vagina