Week 11 - Ghost in the Shell 2




Ghost in the Shell II

November 6, 2017



      I've always heard about Ghost in the Shell, but never got around to watching it until now! Now, I didn't realize I was watching the second movie until half way through, which is fine, but I think there could have been more to understand if I watched the first movie before this one. Anyways, Ghost in the Shell was strange, different, and a overall weird movie and I loved it. These robots have what it seems to be the "ghost" of a person that was either once living or still living (from what I understood). It makes me wonder what the world could be like if people began dying or were too sick for their own bodies, and they had a shell instead. If you've seen the movie "Chappie", it makes me think of that essentially. Since Chappie's "mom" dies, and basically takes all of her memories and puts it into the memory of a robot body. I could be thinking of the story wrong, since I didn't watch the first movie, but either way, that's how I imagine it. One of the main characters seems to be partially one of these robot like people, and he happens to know one of the robots in the group of identical robots. They have some kind of relationship that I can't explain without knowing their past, but it does interest me to find out more about them. That just means it gives me an excuse to finally watch the first movie so things can fall into place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6 - The Hobbit

BloodChild

Week 12 - The Haunted Vagina