Week 9 - Serenity




Serenity - Joss Whedon

October 23, 2017



          Oh man, Serenity was actually a movie I really enjoyed. I had never heard of the film before watching it for class. Serenity is a futuristic film that involves human kind not exactly living on Earth like we are now. There's a lot of space travel involved, and oddly enough, "zombie" like people. Apparently these people became savages and will kill anything in their way. One of the main characters plays a young teen who can basically turn into a human weapon when triggered in the right way. The government is actually looking for her and sets off her trigger out in the open, causing her to kill anything that stands in her way. I really did enjoy this movie, even though I saw negative reviews towards it. I know there's a show that is based before the time period of the movie, called "Firefly". I have heard of the show, which now after seeing the movie, I'm interested to see how it all plays out there. Usually I'm not one to watch space movies, besides Star Wars and Star Trek. Mostly Star Wars, my dad loves Star Trek. Actually, Guardians of the Galaxy is probably my go to space involved movie. Other than those, I'm usually not into space movies like this, but I really did enjoy it, and plan on seeing the show someday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6 - The Hobbit

BloodChild

Week 12 - The Haunted Vagina